07 October 2006

Bah Humble

new favorite sight on the subway: the humble tough guy.

last night as i was trekking back from the editing room around one ay-em, riding the packed and oft-delayed A train (insert suitably terrible joke on my punctuality here. and please don't call me that. yes i know what you're thinking.)

it was another standing-room-only voyage to brooklyn and i had the great pleasure of planting my thin frame next to an iced out 300 pound man who looked like he could eat four of me as an appetizer. gripped between his thick fingers the size of my forearm he carried a dainty clear bag in which presided a pair of toilet paper rolls. he looked humiliated carrying them along side a collapsed umbrella.

seems the old wife sent him out and he didn't want to dampen his threads in the late night mist that was developing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home